HOW TO INSTALL STANDARD & STAINLESS STEEL LOCKING WASHERS
1. To install the Disc-Lock Lock Washer, simply place the preassembled pair of washers between the nut and the joint material.
2. As the nut is tightened, one half of the Disc-Lock Locking Washer is seated to joint material and the other to the nut.
3. When the bolt elongates due to vibration and shock, the nut will attempt to rotate loose. As one half of the Disc-Lock Washer tries to rotate with the nut, the interlocking cams work against each other. This will maintain the preload and lock the assembly.
4. As the bolt contracts, the inclined planes of the cams cause the nut to rotate back to its original position.
5. In common with most fastening devices, Disc-Lock Washers should only be used against flat, relatively smooth metal surfaces.
6. If the joint material is not metal, the Disc-Lock Lock Washer may be used by securing a metal plate to the joint material in such a manner that the metal plate will not rotate.
7. A torque wrench is not required when installing Disc-Lock Locking Washers.
8. An air-gun can be used when installing and removing Disc-Lock Washers.